The 2022 conference edition is under development. Conference hours are between 10:30 – 16:30 Central European Time. You can attend live or Online.
|If you are interested to give a presentation / paper at the Circular Chemistry Conference, please contact us via this page. Make sure to select the correct conference on this page.|
There are several renewable alternative processes to fossil chemistry to create new plastics. This conference is all about turning waste materials into new polymers using gasification and about turning waste plastic via pyrolysis or chemical recycling into new plastics replacing plastics made from new linear fossil feedstocks.
These processes require that current recycling value chains change to a new sustainable ecosystem. As a result the creation of innovative new ecosystems will be a challenge with so many new and existing stakeholders.
The new ecosystems contain the following steps in the materials cycle, covered during the conference:
- End of life Plastic Waste Stream Collection / Bio based materials collection
- Cleaning, Sorting and Separation
- Chemical recycling
- Thermal and Thermochemical recycling / Pyrolysis
- Processing of recycled materials (plastics and chemicals)
- Production of recycled plastic materials
- Reuse of the newly created plastics in applications
- End of life plastic waste stream collection
The first conference edition took place on November 2020, click here for an overview of the conference program and its speakers and presentations.